DNA Tattoo Studio
33a Bank Street,
Cornwall TR7 1DJ
Follow these simple guidelines to ensure the best results for you Tattoo.
- Leave the dressing applied by the artist in place for a minimum of 30 minutes, then carefully remove and wash the tattoo in hot water using a plain unscented soap.
- YOU MUST WASH YOUR NEW TATTOO - IT IS VITAL TO THE SUCCESSFUL HEALING PROCESS
- If the dressing has been in place for some time ensure it is not stuck to the tattoo, and if it is soak it off in water, carefully pat the tattoo dry using a lint free or paper towel
- Do not apply any antiseptic creams or petroleum jelly products to the tattoo as they prevent the air from reaching it and delay the forming of a scab which is the natural healing process.
- Wash the tattooed area 2 or 3 times daily (this will keep the scabbing to a minimum) taking care in the drying of it.
- We recommend the use of a product called BEPANTHEN which is available from chemists and is the only thing we have found which actively promotes the natural healing process. Apply BEPANTHEN sparingly after washing taking care not to apply too much.
- Do not cover the tattoo unless it is in danger of becoming exposed to dust, dirt or any substance liable to cause discomfort.
- Do not swim in the sea or swimming pools for at least one week.
- Do not wear woolen garments in direct contact with the tattoo until healed as they will inflame it.
- Do not scratch or pick at the tattoo as this will cause it to bleed and you will lose colour and definition, not to mention the risk of infection.
- Correct care of your tattoo whilst it is healing will give you a design that will last a lifetime - we have done our bit now it's up to you!